Hello, it’s me, Panda Steve, and recently I’ve been messing around with Lunchi. In particular, I’ve made her a healer now, because Mistweaver is very fun, and also because I can.
Here she is throwing out those hadokens or whatever.
Now, I’m a fairly novice healer, but I’ve been noticing some key areas where DPS and tanks can improve their play, because who better to give you advice on staying alive than the person keeping you alive?
I’m not just saying this to make my life easier. Honest.
- In Halls of Valor, there’s lots of enemies that make lightning. You might want to NOT STAND IN THE LIGHTNING. Whether they’re tornadoes, or dragon breaths, or those lines of Crackle, just go away from them please.
- Similarly, when fighting Fenryr, he may leap at you. Try not to be near other people or he puts the bleed on all of you and that’s just really annoying.
- SPEAKING OF FENRYR! Please run away when he’s fixating on you, don’t just let him rip your face off.
- SPEAKING OF (the trash before) FENRYR! Please don’t pick up ALL the wolves. They love to leap around and smack
merandom people, and they really can’t take too many of those before it’s unhealable.
- Hide behind that BIG GLOWY SHIELD whenever Skovald does Ragnarok. I mean, you DO know what Ragnarok means, right?
- Pull Hyrja to one side. Mein gott.
- Don’t kill both the adds when facing Parjesh. You need to hide behind one of them so they get speared!
- DON’T HIDE BEHIND ME WHEN HE’S THROWING SPEARS AT YOU.
- Pop. The bloody. Bubble. On Deepbeard.
- Ordinarily I’d moan about tanks running off way ahead, but shit I’m a monk, I’ve got movement for days.
- Please use your mitigation. I assume it’s on your bars?
- I’m questing as Windwalker, primarily because I kill things marginally quicker. When we enter a dungeon and I say “just changing spec, gimme a sec!” (I have that shit macroed), give me a sec. I need to drink for mana. If you’re skipping off merrily to engage enemies without your healer present, I hope you’ve got a Druid healthpool.
I’m not a good healer, but I’m getting better. Healing’s just a side project for me, something fun to pass the time, but boy oh boy does it ever do that.