Still adamant that the best things in WoW right now are the talkative artifact weapons, and the transmog wardrobe. Thal’kiel’s a veritable stunner.
Normally at this stage of an expansion, I’ve levelled at least 6-7 characters, maxed professions on my main, and am soloing old raids for mounts. Let’s see how that’s going shall we?
Well those sure as shit aren’t maxed out. My issue with profession levelling is that the recipes seem to go green very quickly. I’ve been stuck at 790 for weeks now, making Imbued Silkweave Bracers whenever I can and just not getting skill ups. Similarly, I’m struggling to level Enchanting because while I’m swimming in Chaos Crystals and Arkhana thanks to being able to disenchant unwanted greens from questing and epics from raiding/mythics, I’m rarely if ever getting anything blue drop so I have hardly any Leylight Shards.
In previous expansions there were recipes to shatter your purple crystals into the blue ones, and blue into green, and while there’s a recipe to shatter Leylight Shards into Arkhana, there’s nothing to shatter Chaos Crystals into Leylight Shards, at least that I have seen. I could go and run dungeons for a small chance at a blue, but no thanks. The Blood of Sargeras vendor alleviates this somewhat, but then I run into a shortage of Bloods, which means I can’t craft other stuff.
As for levelling other things, well. The artifact system effectively puts me off wanting to. I mean, the weapons are awesome (particularly the talkative ones, as mentioned) but while my Warlock has a high-levelled Demonology weapon and two other semi-levelled ones, the other classes will endlessly be playing catch-up. I like to feel my characters are powerful in their own right, but right now all I can think of is “they’re OKAY but my Warlock is practically a god compared to the rest.”
Then there’s the neglected 4. The non-maxed and the ignored Demon Hunter that hasn’t even been to New Dalaran yet. I do enjoy Holy healing on the Priest, mind.
I know it sounds like I’m being negative, but it’s important to look at this sort of thing. I love this expansion, it’s not up at Mists level (and never will be because PANDAS) but I am having a ruddy good time, but I think it’s good to look at how some things can be frustrating too.
Some high points as a counterbalance?
- Raid encounters are fantastic. Il’gynoth and Odyn are my highlights so far.
- THE STORY, oh my goodness. THE CINEMATICS!
- Thal’kiel. Aluneth. Xal’atath. That Thal’kiel has conversations with your demons is even more awesome. The Succubus is a particular highlight. Voidwalkers just hate everything.
- I actually like World Quests.
- Demonology in general. Fuck Metamorphosis, those demon rejects can have it. NOW I HAVE AN ARMY.
- Pirate Rogue spec. Or Outlaw, whatever. Grappling Hook is great for ascending mountains!
- That floating Khadgar head pet. I wish it could battle though, I’d send it out to
die constantlybring me victory or something.