It’s the last day of the month. A pretty rotten April, all things considered, but didn’t it just fly by compared to the ten years of March? What has been a positive though is this is, as you can tell by the title, my thirtieth consecutive blog post! Certainly an achievement for me, because I tend to post very sporadically otherwise, so here’s hoping this spurs me to a more frequent schedule!
WHAT HAVE I LEARNED?
- That one can make a post about pretty much anything, be it Animal Crossing, Final Fantasy, Ed Balls and Ken Livingstone, trashy TV, work, Indian food, even Princess Diana memorial plates.
- That I should do it more often.
- That I get easily distracted, and should probably close tabs not directly related to the post I am writing, lest I procrastinate.
- i literally wrote that last point then went to Reddit.
- That my ideal blog post length is roughly 500 words. Not too short, not too long.
- That getting positive feedback gives me a warm snuggly feeling that I will forever chase.
So a while back, one of the free games for being a PS Plus member was Yakuza Kiwami, the 2016 remake of the first Yakuza game, released on the PS2 way back in 2005. It’s a third-person action RPG set in Tokyo, and honestly it’s really damn fun to play! The combat is really over the top, the characters are beautifully animated and larger-than-life, and Goro Majima is a wonderfully crazy individual, fighting Kiryu to help him relearn his Dragon style that he lost in the ten years he spent in prison, so he can have one big, final showdown with them both at the peak of their strength!
In fact, I am enjoying the game so much I want two things:
- To play the other Yakuza games, so Yakuza Kiwami 2, Yakuza 0, the Remastered Collection, Yakuza 6, 0 and Like a Dragon! MANY GAMES TO PLAY.
- For there to be a game similar to what they did with Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise, where they basically made Yakuza, but with a Fist of the North Star coat on it, but instead of that anime, they do it for Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure.
- idk I think that’d work as well as it does for Fist of the North Star. Similarly OTT game and anime with great, memorable characters and a badass story.
- Tomorrow is my Monday. I have Wednesdays and Thursdays off from work, so we’re currently coming to the last part of my “weekend” and I’ve gotta go to bed soon.
- Nook’s Cranny is closed for remodelling! My turnip prices were on a downward slope this week anyway (as per usual) so it’s not a big deal. Hope there’s some cool stuff in there tomorrow to make up for no shop today!
- Tomorrow is May Day!
- That’s right, the day where we honour the best Bond Girl (ish?) in all the Bond films, Mayday, played by the incomparable and iconic Grace Jones.