LFR is delightfully simple compared to Heroic, or even Normal, but there are still occasions where knowing tactics will help you in a fight. To this end, I have decided to give you a brief primer on the first three bosses. Very brief.
Dragon made of bugs. Has bad breath.
- When affected by Rot, move to the edge of the room and drop the debuff. Try to leave a quarter of the room empty, though. Tanks have a version of this called Volatile Rot. Again, to the edge.
- Don’t stand in Rot, don’t stand next to people with Rot.
- She’ll whirl around to a random raid member and breathe Infested Breath all over them in a frontal cone. Move out of it. This also spawns Rot pools.
- After 2 breaths, she falls to the ground and draws all the pools of Rot into her. This is why you keep an area clear of pools, they damage you as they move in to her.
- Bugs spawn. If one near you grows in size, MOVE AWAY. It pulses AoE.
- Rinse, repeat.
IL’GYNOTH, HEART OF CORRUPTION
Evil tree. Tentacles. The new Elegon?
- Two phases, each occurs twice.
- Phase 1! Adds spawn, and they have a priority. Deathglare Tentacles are highest. Interrupt Mind Flay and kill them quick.
- Corruptor Tentacles are next. Avoid their Spew Corruption. If you get hit, you drop little pools. Drop them on the edge of the room.
- Dominator Tentacles are third. Kill kill.
- Nightmare Horrors are fourth. Tanks, face them away from people. DPS, stand behind it.
- When these adds die they spawn Nightmare Ichor that fixate on a random player. Move these to the big red eye then DPS them down. They will do an AoE on death that damages the eye for 5% of its health.
- When the eye dies, phase 2 begins. Kill any remaining adds, then run into the heart room and burn the fucker down.
- Any Ichors still up that enter the heart room explode.
- When you get Cursed Blood, move to the edge of the room. Don’t hit people with it.
- You have 50 SECONDS in here, then you absolutely MUST LEAVE or you will die instantly. Leave before it finishes casting Dark Reconstitution.
- Phase 1 repeats a second time, then phase 2. This is where you do or die. You now have 90 seconds to kill the eye before it casts Final Torpor, or you will wipe.
Spiderbird. Spiderbird. Does whatever a druid… heard?
- Boss has two forms, spider and birdy. She starts in Spider.
- When connected to someone through Web of Pain, move close to them.
- Afflicted with Necrotic Venom? Move away from everybody. You pulse damage to people and drop puddles, bit like Nythendra.
- Once per spider phase, she climbs into the web for Feeding Time then does Vile Ambush, so avoid the HUGE green circle.
- She summons adds. Tanks pick them up, everyone DPS them down. They leave a pool when they die, so kill them at the edges, near the other puddles.
- BIRD TIME! She uses Gathering Clouds, which deals damage and pushes everyone back. When completed, she leaves behind feathers which you can use to quickly move to another platform.
- She channels Dark Storm which ends when a player gets close to her. Feather users fly over to her, everyone else walk across the web bridges. Avoid the eggs and tornadoes, please.
- Feather users can slam to the ground to kill Spiderlings that also spawn during this phase.
- She periodically debuffs people with Twisting Shadows. People affected can run over venomous puddles to clear them, and after 10 seconds they leave a tornado. Move these to the edges, as per usual.
- Razor Wing is a frontal cone AoE. Don’t stand in front of it. Raking Talons is your tank swap mechanic.
- After a while she’ll turn back into a spider.