Honey bunnies, it has come to that time in the expansion when we’re facing a long stretch of nothing, and you need to start making your own fun.
“But I don’t know what to do, Panda Steve!” I hear you cry, and fear not because I am here to tell you.
(or you could just not play until Legion I dunno it’s your life do what you want)
Yes, the transmog wardrobe is coming, and if I were you, I’d get crack-a-lacking on filling it up. Remember characters can only unlock armor of the type they primarily use!
- CLOTH: Priest, Mage, Warlock
- LEATHER: Monk, Rogue, Druid
- MAIL: Shaman, Hunter
- PLATE: Death Knight, Paladin, Warrior
Take your characters on a tour of Azeroth! Solo all the raids and dungeons, plonk all that tasty armour into your void storage! Weapons-wise, Warriors have a distinct advantage of being able to equip damn near everything (bar wands and offhands I believe?) so have this be your stabber-gatherer.
You can also take the time to go and do old quests, as their rewards will also get put into your wardrobe in Legion. Still need the Seeker or Loremaster titles? What better time than now?
More hunting, but this time you’re looking for dragons and horses. Here’s the bosses you can solo with relative ease (depending on your class of course) that drop mounts:
- Literally everything in Temple of Ahn’Qiraj (4 mounts)
- Attumen the Horseman, Karazhan
- Kael’thas Sunstrider, Tempest Keep
- Archavon, Emalon, Toravon and Koralon, Vault of Archavon
- Malygos (two mounts), Eye of Eternity
- Sartharion (two mounts), Obsidian Sanctum
- Yogg-Saron, Ulduar 25
- The Lich King, Icecrown Citadel 25 Heroic
- Onyxia, Onyxia’s Lair
- Al’akir, Throne of the Four Winds
- Alysrazor, Firelands
- Ragnaros, Firelands
- Ultraxion, Dragon Soul
- Madness of Deathwing (two mounts, one Heroic only), Dragon Soul
There are also a number of bosses that will prove to be a tougher ask:
- Sha of Anger, Kun-Lai Summit
- Galleon, Valley of the Four Winds
- Nalak, Isle of Thunder
- Oondasta, Isle of Giants
- Elegon, Mogu’shan Vaults
- Horridon, Throne of Thunder
- Ji-Kun, Throne of Thunder
- Garrosh Hellscream, Siege of Orgrimmar Mythic
But wait! There are also dungeon bosses that drop mounts!
- Lord Aurius Rivendare, Stratholme
- Anzu, Sethekk Halls Heroic
- Kael’thas Sunstrider, Magisters’ Terrace
- Skadi the Ruthless, Utgarde Pinnacle
- Infinite Corruptor, The Culling of Stratholme
- Slabhide, Stonecore
- Altairus, Vortex Pinnacle
- High Priestess Kilnara, Zul’Gurub
- Bloodlord Mandokir, Zul’Gurub
And completing the timed run of Zul’Aman will also net you a mount, and that one’s not only guaranteed, but hilariously easy at level 100. Get to it!
This could be something you do to develop a deeper attachment to one of your characters. Not necessarily roleplaying, but imagining a cool backstory for your character. Maybe your various characters know each-other? Or OF each-other?
Take pictures! Share them! Even if it’s just you constructing weird situations for your characters, it’s still fun to do.
From LFR to Normal, from Heroic to Mythic, there’s a level for YOU! Whether you’re guilded, or whether you PuG when you get a spare hour or two, raiding is a fun distraction from a lack of content elsewhere in the world. I mean, raiding was probably the one thing they got absolutely RIGHT this expansion, so woo Blizz there.
It’s also worth doing LFR occasionally, if not for the Valor Points, then for those shiny little satchels bursting with loot. Sometimes DPS even get them, and if that’s the case I fully recommend queuing and steamrolling through. Your prizes await, milady.
“there’s nothing to DOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo waah”
A favourite past-time of many people, you can choose to log in (or sit on Twitter) and instead of actually DO something (ANYTHING), you can incessantly bitch about the game. That’s always productive, and makes you seem oh so cool and popular, oh yes it does.
I suppose it’s better than the anal spam though!
(ANAL [Detox] btw)
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
I don’t mean become the Next Big Thing and try to change the world, but I mean do the SMALL things that make a difference. Help people in-game, rather than troll them. Ensure you do the best you possibly can by fully buffing yourself, even in LFR or 5-mans. More buffs = more damage = faster kills = happy people.
Act like you want others to act. Treat them the way you want to be treated. Call out douchey behaviour. Make the difference. Suck out the toxicity of this game and replace it with common fuckin’ decency.
Be the person you should be.
Eyepatches are amazing, and make you look like the badass I know you secretly are.