I was nominated to do this by Endgame Viable, and from what I can gather, I give you 11 quick facts about me, and answer a series of questions? Then I nominate some other people and ask THEM questions?
I guess, as chain letter-style things go, this one’s relatively fun! No creepy teenagers crawling out my bathroom mirror at midnight, or my crush turning into a pillar of salt if I don’t send it on and all that.
It’s also good because I’m doing that 30 days of blogging challenge, and this gives me a day when someone else gives me a topic!
Quick Facts About Moi
- I’m a quarter Russian on my mother’s side.
- I start work at 6am, which is why you see me rattling around Twitter/WoW at 5am or so. I’m getting stuff done before I go to work!
- I think pandas are awesome, I dunno if you noticed or anything. My second favourite animal, however, are rabbits!
- I have quite a lot of stuffed animals, because of COURSE I do. Sometimes I like to take pictures of them doing people things because I’ll never grow up.
- I’m allergic to latex and cats, and I have an intolerance to red-coloured food. Basically, I eat tomatoes, red peppers etc, I throw up soon after. I also have a contact allergy to tomatoes! Yay me.
- I’m a massive football (ugh, soccer) fan, and I support Bolton Wanderers. I’m not a fan of PLAYING football, nor do I like video games like FIFA. I prefer the statistical side of things, so I play Football Manager games.
- The first anime I ever watched was Sailor Moon. It was the episode where the gang went to some funfair, and a creepy doll-like woman with an apple stole everyone’s energy.
- I only speak one language, English. The boyfriend speaks English, Welsh, Russian and Japanese.
- I have all the Sandman books by Neil Gaiman. Delirium is my favourite character.
- I like my steak rare. The bloodier, the better.
- I studied accounting and economics at Aberystwyth University.
And now onto the questions!
WHat was the last animated series you watched?
Archer series 1! I loved it so much, I asked for series 2 and 3 for my birthday. I can’t wait!
How many mobile devices do you own? (choose your own definition)
- Mobile phone
- Old mobile phone that I use as an alarm to get me up in the mornings
- PS Vita
- I suppose a laptop is fairly mobile
That’s five. I defined it as “technology I can easily take place-to-place.”
Are you right- or left handed? do you wish you were the other?
I’m right-handed, and I frankly never wished to be left-handed. If I were left-handed though, I don’t think I’d wish I wasn’t.
at what point in your life did you give up on the political system (an intentionally loaded question)?
Heh. Heheheh. I apologise for this.
Recently. I’m almost disgusted that we’ve let UKIP rise to prominence. This is a political party that blames immigrants for traffic jams on the M4. It has high-profile members who believe that gay marriage causes storms and floods, who think it’s okay to use words like “poofter” and “chinky”, who supposedly aren’t racist, but have a problem with “people with negroid features”.
They’re the BNP with a better PR deparment. Nazis without the dapper dress sense.They spout horrid xenophobic epithets about how the foreigns are coming to claim your benefits and steal your jobs. They believe marriage should be between a man and a woman for the procreation of children, so bye bye gay marriage! They think you should be able to discriminate based on race, sexual preference or gender! Got HIV? Don’t bother coming to a UKIP-led Britain!
These people have made me lose faith in the political system. The fact people are planning to vote for them. The fact the media seem to be focusing on them more than other parties with more members of parliament, such as the SNP, Plaid Cymru, the DUP, the SDLP, or Sinn Fein. The Greens have more members than UKIP, yet when was the last time you saw them in the news?
People are legitimising the politics of fear, hatred, racism, homophobia. It’s disgusting.
is it weird to peel a banana from the bottom?
A little bit. There’s an easy peeling handle at the top!
what is your favourite season and why?
Winter. I like it cold. My body regulates temperature incredibly badly, so when it’s warm I feel like I’m melting.
what kind of coffee or tea or orange juice do you drink?
Tea is vile. Orange juice is too sour and yucky. I like my coffee black, with no sugar.
how many games are on your desktop right now?
- Football Manager 2015
- The Sims 4
- Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Heroes of the Storm
how many musical instruments do you play? are you out of practice?
I don’t, sadly. Never interested me. I prefer listening, not playing.
what kind of car do you drive? what would you rather drive?
I don’t. I can’t drive! Don’t even have a provisional license! One day, if I learn, I’d like to drive a VW Beetle, because of COURSE I would.
are you more of a mulder/believer or scully/skeptic (of whatever subject you care to fill in)?
Going with this apparent X-Files theme, I’m a skeptic of anything paranormal. Ghosts aren’t real. Aliens aren’t abducting anyone. Mediums and fortune tellers are con artists
So, that’s my answers! Here’s my questions!
- A genie appears and gives you one wish. What do you wish for? (assume a malicious genie, so word your wish very carefully! Saying “I wish I was rich” may well turn you into a chocolate cake)
- What is your least favourite character class and why? From any game, not just Warcraft.
- What is your favourite book?
- Are you a fan of skinny jeans?
- You’re a rich and famous singer! What are the demands on your rider?
- How many languages do you speak?
- Do you like your milkshakes thick or thin?
- What is your proudest achievement?
- You’re a condemned prisoner! What do you request as your last meal, you bad person, you?
- In games that allow you to create and customise a character (think Saints Row or Skyrim), do you tend to make similar characters in different games?
- What is your dream job?
And I’ve decided to nominate the other people taking part in the WoWBlog30 challenge!
That way, if they’re ever stuck for something to post about one day, they have my inane questions to answer!