Hello! It’s been far too long since I last posted a blog. I wonder if I remember how to?
Of course I do.
33 days ago, my laptop developed an issue which I initially believed was due to my charger. I ordered a new one that day, it was dispatched an hour later, and 2 weeks later I had to send stroppy emails saying that it’s not arrived! 2 days after them sending a replacement, I received it!
However, what I didn’t realise was that it was merely the charger brick-thing that connects to the laptop, and did NOT include the cable that goes into the wall. SILLY ME. A week later, the cable arrives, I plug it in, and I’ll let my tweet tell you what occurred:
I got my laptop back from the repair centre yesterday, and all is well again. But what did I get up to in the month I was unable to blog?
(I mean I could have typed a blog post on my phone instead, but no)
January 26th marked my 5th anniversary with my beloved boyfriend. In gay years, we’ve been together since prehistory. We remember dinosaurs and whatnot. Sadly, the actual date crept up on us a little bit and we had made prior plans, so we decided to go to London when I had time off work a week later!
London was awesome. Long story short, we went to the BEST burger place ever, Dirty Burger, we went to My Old Dutch pancake house, we visited Chinatown and the Japan Centre, the Trocadero (sadly not as great as it used to be. A couple years ago we could play Street Fighter 4 on arcade cabinets! Now? A few shops and not much else), Hamleys on Oxford Street, and the UK’s first esports bar, Meltdown!
We had a cocktail that looked like Blanka, and we played Ultra Street Fighter 4 on their consoles. That drew a small crowd and eventually initiated an impromptu winner-stays-on tournament. The boyfriend went UNBEATEN! Once someone challenged him, he brought out his M Bison and went to TOWN.
Cardiff 1, London 0.
Not only was that going on, but there was a Hearthstone tournament that night too. They have weekly tournaments on different days, Hearthstone is Wednesday, Street Fighter is sadly Thursday. We’d have ROCKED that.
Oh my god all the places we like in Abergavenny are either closed forever or changed to things we don’t like, so we went to Cwmbran instead.
Cwmbran is safe.
Cwmbran never changes.
Cwmbran will never hurt us.
A Televisual Feast
While in Cwmbran, we bought series 1 of Archer, and MY GOD we love it so much. He’s going to get me series 2 for my birthday which is in April. Can I wait that long?
I’ve also started watching Judge Rinder in the daytime. It’s basically Judge Judy, if Judge Judy was a sassy English homosexual. I’m addicted to watching him, he’s so captivating.
Benedict Cumberbatch officiated at his wedding! Criminy!
Today, I may start watching an anime I got for Christmas. Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt!
It’s basically about angels who were kicked out of heaven for being rather naughty, who seek to redeem themselves by destroying ghosts and collecting ghost coins, which will allow them to buy their way back into Heaven.
They can also turn their lingerie into weapons. What’s not to love?
Of COURSE I’ve been playing games.
- Saints Row 4: It’s fantastic, but sadly I ran into some sort of game-breaking issue. I think it might be down to the fact my disc was a preowned one. May be damaged? When we get a PS4, I’m getting the remastered version.
- Fallout New Vegas: Obsessed with this. Frisky McBiscuit is a smooth-talking rifle-toting genius who, if she can’t talk her way out of a problem, is more than content to shoot it in the head, or punch it in the face with superheated pneumatic gauntlets. I’m still playing through the main game. I’ve got to a point in the main questline where going further will make certain endings unavailable, so I’m plodding my way through the DLCs. Honest Hearts was okay, but Old World Blues was probably the most magnificent DLC I’ve ever played in. Oh my god the Think Tank. The scorpions. The lobotomites!
- Dynasty Warriors 8 Complete Edition: Handheld fun! I’ve had a major soft spot for the Warriors games since 2004, despite the fact they’re 90% the same game each time.
- Ultra Street Fighter 4: Of COURSE I’ve been playing this. Poison for LIFE.
- Hitman: Absolution: Finished it! Wonderful game. Can’t wait for the next one. I mean, there’s a MAJOR sequel hook there at the end, I’d be shocked if they don’t pick it up.
Stuff Going Forward
I want to do a Final Fantasy Tactics Let’s Play. I want to have my units be you guys! I’ll have more details on this later on, but are you interested in being in it? Let me know!
Warlock stuff, Warcraft stuff, au naturelle.
Me blah-blahing about video games.
Until next time, keep feeling fascination!