So here we have a new beta build, and it’s one of those number-tuning ones! Demonology sees a lot of changes, including a massive general DPS loss of around 33%.
Let’s have a look at the changes.
- Demonbolt: Deals (1+150% of spell power) as Chaos Damage, down from (1+250% of SP)
- Doom: Deals (4+120% of SP) Shadow damage over 60 seconds, down from (4+150% of SP)
- Shadow Bolt: Deals (1+74% of SP) Shadow damage, down from (1+124.2% of SP)
- Touch of Chaos: Deals (1+40% of SP) Chaos damage, down from (1+69.03% of SP)
- Soul Fire: Deals (1+34% of SP) Fire damage, down from (1+42.5% of SP)
- Hand of Gul’dan: Deals (68.8% of SP) instant Shadowflame damage, down from (86% of SP), and deals an additional (18% of SP) Shadowflame damage over 6 seconds, down from (22.5% of SP)
It’s no secret Demonology was performing extremely well on beta, but 33% better? Is this the price we pay for being able to do above average in a movement fight? Are Demonology warlocks going to become the new hunters? Fantastic on movement fights, slightly below average otherwise?
Only 2 changes here!
- Haunt: The periodic damage increasing debuff it puts on an enemy now increases you DoT damage by 30%, down from 35%.
- Drain Soul: Now learnt at level 24, instead of level 42.
Nice little quality of life change there, making Affliction’s main filler spell available sooner. Hopefully, the toning down of Haunt means that more power will be shifted back to the individual DoTs? Or perhaps this is just to tone down affliction DPS too.
- Destruction 2pc: When Immolate deals damage it has a 10% 4% chance to generate a full Burning Ember.
- Destruction 4pc: When a Burning Ember is filled up, you have a 15% chance to reduce the cast time of Chaos Bolt by 50% and cause Chaos Bolt to consume no Burning Embers when cast chance to cause your next Chaos Bolt to multistrike 3 additional times.
- Affliction PvP 4pc: After using Demonic Circle: Teleport, you gain 100 1300 Versatility for 10 seconds.
- Demonology PvP 2pc: When you or your pet are below 20% of maximum health, you gain 100 1300 Versatility.
I actually like the Destruction 4-piece change. Sure, speedy Chaos Bolts would be immense fun, but having a single Chaos Bolt effectively hit 4 times (maybe more if a normal Multistrike proc goes off!) will be CRAZY!
So. What’s the betting we’ll see some Destruction tuning soon?
#warlords #warcraft #beta