This brings about some Demonology changes, some tooltip wording fixes that I won’t focus on, and not much else.
- Healthstones now restore 15% of health, down from 20%.
- Soulburn: Haunt‘s damage increasing buff is now 20% on all targets, up from 15% on the one. So as long as you have SB:H on one target, all enemies you DoT will take more damage.
- Haunt‘s base damage is now 375% of your spell power, up from 295.5%.
- Drain Soul‘s basic damage is now 4+76% of your Spellpower, up from 4+60% of SP.
- Drain Life‘s damage has been massively nerfed, causing 150.% of SP as damage over 6 seconds. It was 350.7% of SP!
So Demonology’s mastery increases damage in caster form by 8%, and in Demon Form by 24%. This is still the case, however the Demon Form damage increases are not on all spells as before, but only on specific ones.
- Touch of Chaos
- Chaos Wave
- Immolation Aura
- Soul Fire
These are the only spells that will benefit from the 24% damage bonus. Any other spell will only have an 8% bonus.
Why? I can only think that it’s to make sure Cataclysm is balanced. For a spell that already hits like a truck (750% of spellpower!), Metamorphosis was making it hit like several trucks and a mini cooper. One shotting people on the bridge in Ashran? Oh yes. By making it unaffected by Metamorphosis, it can stay at that strong level without requiring nerfing, which would hurt its effectiveness for the other specs.
What’s confusing is that it also seems to be omitting Demonbolt from Demonology’s mastery. This is a Metamorphosis-only spell, and it doesn’t benefit from Metamorphosis?
Other changes include:
- A 30 Demonic Fury cost (plus 30 DF per second) for Drain Life.
- Glyph of Felguard now allows 2 handed maces to be used! (EDIT: This is just a tooltip update, they’ve been usable for a while now. Thanks to Dobablo for clarification)
Destruction Levelling Changes
To make the new level 15 talent (Searing Flames) worthwhile to use at level, a few spells are being learnt earlier than before.
- On live, you currently gain Burning Embers, your secondary resource, at level 42. In Warlords, you will get them at level 10, when you pick a specialization!
- Chaos Bolt is also going to be learnt at level 10, instead of level 42. Imagine the low level PVP! Chaos Bolt, boom.
- Ember Tap, the spell Searing Flames modifies, is being learnt at level 15 in Warlords, instead of 42 as on live.
Patch Note Update
Only one thing updated here.
- Seed of Corruption and Soulburn: Seed of Corruption can no longer both apply to the same target.