So I wake up this morning with the full intention of taking advantage of server reset, and working on getting the Titan Runestones on my shaman. I have none so far, but then I did Secrets of the Empire in like 2 weeks so I can’t complain.
While I was asleep, however, patch notes were released, and they contain a very interesting change for Demonology warlocks! It’s not yet implemented on beta so I can’t mess around with it, but here’s the general gist.
Demonology is a spec that focuses around having stronger demons. Your mastery stat increases your demons’ strength, as well as your demonic form. A talent like Grimoire of Sacrifice, which kills your demon to increase your strength, didn’t really fit with the whole ethos of a Demonology warlock, so the team set about reworking it.
They had originally toyed with it Grimoire of Sacrifice being a sacrifice of YOUR strength to power your pet for Demonology only, in that your critical strike would be halved, and your active demon’s critical strike would be doubled, and also with it being a temporary cooldown, but in the end decided to replace it with a brand shiny new Demonology-only talent!
Grimoire of Synergy: When the warlock or their demon deals damage, there is a chance to trigger Demonic Synergy, granting the other one 15% increased damage for 15 seconds.
So basically, you and your pet can trigger this proc with your attacks. Your pet can trigger this proc on you, and you trigger it on your pet. We don’t know how often it will proc, though I’d take a wild stab in the dark at 10%. Do your wild imps trigger this on you? Or would they trigger it on your demon? Or each-other? If your demon triggers this buff on you, does it also power up your imps/guardian cooldowns? After all their stats are affected by yours.
Thankfully, when it finally comes to beta, Arax’arad and I will be there to test it!
That would be Fel Synergy. And personally, I like the name. Fits the theme of the row (Grimoire of…) and describes the effect perfectly!
In other news:
- The animation for Incinerate has changed! It seems wildly unpopular.
- Infernals and Abyssals summoned through Demonic Servitude stop their pulsing AoE when out of combat.
- Fel Flame is still gone.
- Health Funnel is removed from Destruction. Presumably because with Soul Leech, Soul Link and our HUGE damage numbers through Chaos Bolt, we don’t NEED Health Funnel anyway.
- Garrisons are still fun.
- You can solo anything in Cataclysm at level 100 with EASE, bar Warmaster Blackhorn (I keep falling through the floor, glitch?) and probably Spine of Deathwing (RNG, pshaw). Yes, even Conclave of Wind, Ultraxion, Majordomo Staghelm and Cho’gall become absolutely trivial. You’ll be able to farm those transmogrification pieces with absolute ease! Unless you want ones from the latter part of Dragon Soul. Have fun with THAT one.
- LFR Stone Guard solo is pretty easy.
Yes I was playing a warrior in that last picture. I wanted to test Gladiator stance. My point is, anything you can solo now, you will be able to solo in 6.0 so don’t worry about it!
Until next time, kids!
#warlordsbeta #wow #warlock