It’s been too long since I’ve done a transmog post! In lieu of any decent news to report, and because I do LOVE my transmog, here’s my paladin, Patrianna.
When you have an absurdly large shield, you can be pretty confident that it’ll take all the hits meant for you. But what of the woman behind that wall of spikes?
Ah yes, an armor that promotes flexibility! Covering the important bits you definitely DON’T want stabbing (like shoulders and feet), and leaving the rest free to breathe! Ease of movement! Almost like wearing cloth! Really heavy, metallic cloth.
Of course, this isn’t really a practical piece to wear in, say, Northrend. You’ll get chills in places you never thought possible. I advise wearing a lovely warm shirt underneath.
That’s the idea!
So, what’re the items? Well, the weapon is Fang of the Leviathan, and it drops from Leotheras the Blind in Serpentshrine Cavern, that place we all love so much. The shield is obviously the Bulwark of Azzinoth, from Illidan. One of the most iconic shields in the game, no?
They may not match the armor set per se, but I like them because they look cool.
The armor itself is the Tyrant set, which is a recolour of the Jade Plate set (a nice-looking green!). Naturally, it looks VASTLY different on a male than it does a female. I have no idea why. We want plate mankinis! I turned the helm and cloak off, because I nearly always do, but here’s the rest of the pieces:
- Shoulders: Tyrant’s Epaulets. I got mine from Razorfen Downs. It’s a VERY rare drop.
- Chest: Tyrant’s Chestpiece. Got this from Zul’Farrak. Again, very rare.
- Hands: Tyrant’s Gauntlets. Razorfen Downs or Dire Maul are your best bets for this one.
- Waist: Fel Iron Plate Belt. Crafted! Blacksmithing! The easiest one to attain.
- Legs: Tyrant’s Legplates. Zul’Farrak is where I got mine, but Dire Maul is a good spot too.
- Feet: Tyrant’s Greaves. I got bored of farming at this point and bought these on the auction house for about 200 gold. Razorfen Downs and Dire Maul are your points of call for farming yourself, however.
For those curious, here’s the same armor on a male human, courtesy of the Wowhead model viewer:
We get those sexy shoulders, I suppose, but on the whole, decidedly less bikini-ish than we’d like. Are there any skimpy armor sets for males out there? I really wouldn’t know, all my characters are female, bar my second panda monk. Why can’t males have the skimpy costumes too?
I fear that’s a whole new argument. So long for now!